… he will be our friend for always and always and always.
Fill out an application and our team will connect you with the dog’s foster! If it is a potentially good fit, you can meet the dog – we recommend including all family members/roommates who will be living with your future dog (pets, too)!!
We will check with your vet and landlord (if applicable) before we send your application to the foster(s). Our team talks to your two personal references once you decide to move ahead with adopting!
Dogs are lifetime commitments, not just a holiday whim!
So what if I want TWO puppies? Please read about Littermate Syndrome/Aggression
- Their foster family will have spent time getting to know their needs and quirks & their likes and dislikes!
- Monthly heartworm and flea preventative while in the rescue (starting at 8-weeks of age)
- Age appropriate Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella vaccines (boosters every 3 weeks until 16-weeks old; two if over age 1)*
- Rabies vaccine (if adopted after 4-months of age)
- Microchip with pre-paid lifetime registration
- Neuter/spay *
- A heartworm test (if over age 1)**
* We have volunteers who can provide the Distemper/Parvo boosters. If pup is adopted prior to spay/neuter, the surgey is covered by the adoption fee IF you return to Freedom Ride Rescue and our approved vets. Our team must make appointments in order for the rescue to pay for the surgery and pain meds to go home. (We do not cover blood work or e-collars).
The adoption fee is:
- $325 for puppies under age 6-months
- $275 for dogs aged 6-months to 8-years
- $175 for dogs over 8-years
* If you adopt an unaltered dog, the adoption fee will include the spay/neuter surgery at an approved Freedom Ride Rescue vet. Out of town adoptions will include $100 refundable deposit for unaltered animals – which is refunded with proof of spay or neuter. Part of your adoption contract is an agreement to have a dog spayed or neutered by age 1 and we encourage females by age 6 months prior to their first heat cycle.