… he will be our friend for always and always and always.
Fill out an application and our volunteer staff will connect you with the dog(s) foster! If it is a potentially good fit, you can meet the dog – we recommend including all family members/roommates who will be living with your future dog!! We will check with your vet and your personal references …. then work out details to get your dog settled in his or her new home!
- Their foster family will have spent time getting to know their needs and quirks; their likes and dislikes!
- Your dog/pup will be on heartworm and flea preventative (starting at 8-weeks of age)
- A heartworm test (if over age 1)
- Age appropriate Distemper/Parvo vaccines (three boosters when under age 1-year*; one if over age 1)
- Their rabies vaccine and a microchip (if over 4-months of age*)
- They will be neutered/spayed*
*If adopted prior to these services, they are covered by the adoption fee IF you return to Freedom Ride Rescue and our approved vets. Our team must make appointments in order for the rescue to pay for it.
The adoption fee is:
- $325 for puppies under age 6-months
- $275 for dogs aged 6-months to 8-years
- $175 for dogs over 8-years
* If you adopt an unaltered dog, the adoption fee will include the spay/neuter surgery at an approved Freedom Ride Rescue vet. Part of your adoption contract is an agreement to have a dog spayed or neutered by age 1 and we encourage females by age 6 months prior to their first heat cycle. Out of state adoptions will include $100 refundable deposit for unalgered animals – which is refunded with proof of spay or neuter.